The Next Step to Your Future at UC
Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks
Decide on your qualification
Tips for making a decision
The following questions might help you determine if you are on the right track or need to find out more:
- Do you know enough about yourself and the world of work to make an informed decision?
Do you have good decision making skills?
(See 15 tips to help you make important decisions).
Have you chosen a field that matches your areas of interests, values and strengths?
Have you considered what you really need and want from your future career path?
Do you have a good understanding of employment options and the range of possibilities ahead of you with your chosen qualification?
Is this your choice or have others influenced you a bit too much?
Still not sure?
- Check out these tools and resources from our UC Careers team
- Watch these subject presentations from our Hui Tairanga | UC Info Evenings
- Watch these presentations from our online Rā Tōmene | UC Open Day
- Book to attend our on-campus Rā Tōmene | UC Open Day or take a campus tour to learn more
- Explore Careers NZ’s tips on how to choose study
Do what’s right for you
Remember – there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What's important is that you do what feels right for you – not because all your friends are studying X degree or because your parents want you to study Y. By taking the time to research the best way to get to where you want to be, you'll be in a great position to take that next step, in whichever direction it may be. Our Liaison team is here to help with guidance if you need it.