The Next Step to Your Future at UC
Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks
Decide on your qualification
Tips for making a decision
The following questions might help you determine if you are on the right track or need to find out more:
- Do you know enough about yourself and the world of work to make an informed decision?
- Do you have good decision making skills?
(See 15 tips to help you make important decisions).
- Have you chosen a field that matches your areas of interests, values and strengths?
- Have you considered what you really need and want from your future career path?
- Do you have a good understanding of employment options and the range of possibilities ahead of you with your chosen qualification?
- Is this your choice or have others influenced you a bit too much?
Still not sure?
- Try the quiz below to identify some options to look into
- Watch these subject presentations from our 2021 Hui Tairanga | UC Info Evenings
- Check out these tools and resources from our UC Careers team
- Watch presentations from our virtual Rā Tōmene | Mini UC Open Day or take a campus tour to learn more
- Explore Careers NZ’s tips on how to choose study
Do what’s right for you
Remember – there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What's important is that you do what feels right for you – not because all your friends are studying X degree or because your parents want you to study Y.
By taking the time to research the best way to get to where you want to be, you'll be in a great position to take that next step, in whichever direction it may be.
Our Liaison team is here to help with guidance if you need it.