The Next Step to Your Future at UC
Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks
Search and apply for scholarships
If you are planning to enrol in an undergraduate degree, UC has a wide range of scholarships you can apply for.
- First year scholarships – overview
- Preparing for your application
- Search the UC Scholarships database
Tips on applying for scholarships
- Read the regulations – they tell you what the Selection Committee will be looking for and whether you are eligible.
- Start your application early – you can save and come back to it later if you need to do more research.
- Talk to your referees – it is important they know to expect a request from UC (which will have a deadline).
- Sell yourself – scholarships are highly competitive, so make the most of the word limit in open ended questions. This is an opportunity to tell us why you deserve the scholarship.
- Apply for all scholarships you are eligible for – many scholarships allow you to hold more than one at a time.
- Get your application in on time – the closing date is not flexible!
Tips for your personal statement
- Make a list of your strengths and achievements
- Think about how you’ve shown leadership
- Consider your after-school activities, jobs and/or interests and how they may be relevant
- Use this info to draft your statement – you need to sell yourself!
- Identify what makes you stand out from others
(Every school has sports captains, head students and high achievers – how are you different from all the others?)
- Get a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) opinion – from your Careers Advisors, teachers, parents, friends
- If you can, edit, revise and refine your statement to match the scholarship criteria/regulations.
- Watch our scholarships webinar with more tips
After you apply
After scholarship applications close in mid-August, UC’s various selection panels review all the applications and make their recommendations. Offers are usually sent out in early October, with a deadline given for acceptance.
Some students are put on the waitlist for scholarships and may be notified at a later date.