School of Educational Studies and Leadership
Everybody has a view of education, but students of education base their views on the best educational scholarship and research. Education draws on a range of disciplines and seeks to understand how people learn and the role of education in human societies.
Is Education for you?
Education asks questions such as:
- How can we motivate students to learn and enjoy school?
- How can we best promote child and adolescent well-being?
- How are growing social inequalities affecting education, and what can be done about it?
- What role can education play in creating social change?
- What is the role of education in producing citizens who are "prepared to make a difference"?
- How can you tell if an educational intervention works?
If these issues interest you, then Education could be the subject for you.
We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as research-based degrees.
Aneta Matagi, studying towards a Master of Education, shares her UC story.
Experiences with a Bachelor of Arts in Education
See here for video of experiences with a Bachelor of Arts in Education
News, events and seminars
Two University of Canterbury professors are among the 20 new Fellows who have been elected to the Academy of the Royal ...
University of Canterbury Senior Lecturer Denise Powell has been awarded a Churchill Fellowship to research specialist ...