Enhanced Induction and Mentoring Programme
Poipoia te kakano kia puawai
Nurture the seed and it will blossom
The Teaching Council NZ | Matatū Aotearoa has developed an enhanced induction and mentoring programme for beginning teachers who have been impacted by COVID-19.
If you completed your teacher education in 2020 and had a temporary reduction in practical experience due to COVID-19, take up this unique opportunity for support in your first year of teaching. The programme is fully funded by the Ministry of Education and provides additional support for beginning teachers who, have had reduced practical experience during their initial teacher education as a result of the COVID-19 lockdowns.
You will be assigned an Enhanced Induction Mentor (EIM). who will:
- Visit you at your school for two half-days teaching observations
- Have two meetings with you and your work-based mentor focusing on supporting your professional growth, goals and reflections
You can enrol into this programme if:
- You are a registered teacher employed in a long-term teaching role in New Zealand in 2021
- You completed your teacher education in 2020
- Your initial teacher education programme used the 25% temporary reduction in practical experience
The programme is accessible anywhere in New Zealand. UC is working closely with The University of Auckland (UoA) who are the lead provider of the programme and you will enrol through their website. The university responsible for your region will make contact when they receive your enrolment.
See the Teaching Council NZ FAQ's for more information.
For more information contact: