My research interests are in maternal-infant bonding, the ‘first’ relationship, attachment, effects of complex trauma on young children, parenting and family studies. I am also interested in early childhood education, infant and toddler behaviour and development. I am completing a PhD on the needs and strengths of young/adolescent mothers.
- Williamson-Garner DM. (2015) Manaakitanga: The importance of partnership between teen mothers and their child's teacher based on the value. Rotorua, New Zealand: 11th Early Childhood Convention, 1-5 Oct 2015.
- Williamson-Garner D. (2013) Ameliorating the legacy of abuse and neglect: Healing a child exposed to complex trauma. Hamilton, New Zealand: Children in Crisis Conference, 7-9 Oct 2013.
- Williamson-Garner D. (2012) Holding Hope: Healing a Child with Reactive Attachment Disorder. Gold Coast, Australia: Australasian Conference of Child Trauma, 4-6 Jul 2012.
- Williamson-Garner D. (2012) Ngākau māhaki-With a Kind Heart Principles of the RIE Philosophy-Age Three and Beyond. Nelson, New Zealand: Nelson YMCA Staff Development.
- Williamson-Garner D. (2011) Caring for Infants with Respect. Stratford, New Zealand: Koru Kindergarten Parent Evening.