My research interests include investigating the effectiveness of interventions for children with autism spectrum disorder. This includes research into preference-enhanced communication systems, treatments for sleep disturbance in children with autism, the effects of video self-modelling, and Functional Behavioural Assessment.
- McLay L., Roche L., France KG., Blampied NM., Lang R., France M. and Busch C. (2019) Systematic review of the effectiveness of behaviorally-based interventions for sleep problems in people with rare genetic neurodevelopmental disorders. Sleep Medicine Reviews 46: 54-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.smrv.2019.04.004.
- McLay LK., France KG., Knight J., Blampied NM. and Hastie B. (2019) The effectiveness of function-based interventions to treat sleep problems, including unwanted co-sleeping, in children with autism. Behavioral Interventions 34(1): 30-51. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/bin.1651.
- Sutherland J., Carnett A., van der Meer L., Waddington H., Bravo A. and McLay L. (2018) Intensive toilet training targeting defecation for a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Research and Practice in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities 5(1): 87-97. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/23297018.2017.1360153.
- Zhang D., Roche L., Bartl-Pokorny KD., Krieber M., McLay L., Bölte S., Poustka L., Sigafoos J., Gugatschka M. and Einspieler C. (2018) Response to name and its value for the early detection of developmental disorders: Insights from autism spectrum disorder, Rett syndrome, and fragile X syndrome. A perspectives paper. Research in Developmental Disabilities 82: 95-108. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2018.04.004.
- France KG. and McLay L. (2017) FBA for sleep with clinically complex children with autism: lessons from experienced and new clinicians. Prague, Czech Republic: World Sleep Congress 2017, 7-11 Oct 2017.