Qualifications & Memberships
1. Developing sustainable approaches to Science professional development within Primary Schools
2. Use and development of Web2.0 technologies in pre-service education
3. Exploring attitudes and outcomes in the teaching and learning of Primary Science with pre-service teachers
4. Science Postcards Project – encouraging the development of Nature of Science through children’s literature (www.sciencepostcards.com)
- Martin R., Astall C., Jones K-L. and Breeze D. (2020) An Indigenous Approach to Self-Study of Teacher Education Practices (S-STEP) in Aotearoa New Zealand. Studying Teacher Education : 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17425964.2020.1732911.
- Fickel LC., Abbiss J., Brown E. and Astall C. (2018) The Importance of Community Knowledge in Learning to Teach: Foregrounding Māori Cultural Knowledge to Support Preservice Teachers' Development of Culturally Responsive Practice. Peabody Journal of Education 93(3): 285-294. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0161956X.2018.1449858.
- Astall C. and Cowan J. (2016) Experiences of Using Wiki as a Participatory Learning Tool in Teacher Education. American Journal of Educational Research 4(6): 459-471. http://dx.doi.org/10.12691/education-4-6-4.
- Astall C., Fastier M. and Fickel L. (2015) Editorial. Journal of Initial Teacher Inquiry 1: 5-6.
- Owusu K., Conner L. and Astall C. (2015) Assessing New Zealand high school science teachers' technological pedagogical content knowledge. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching 34(3): 345-373.