Continue to explore concepts of digital identity and how our online experiences influence our learning in a digital world.
My research interests are centred around access to ICTs and how they facilitate or inhibit students’ participation in learning. In the past few years I have looked more closely at the role technological devices (for example cell phones and tablets) play in students learning in a developing context and the development of students' digital literacy practices. I have led research projects on digital education leadership, personal mobile devices in learning and teaching and developing e-learning professionals in Africa.
- Brown C. (2020) Developing digital education leadership in the Commonwealth. In Mishra S; Panda S (Ed.), Technology-Enabled Learning: Policies, Pedagogies, and PracticesCommonwealth of Learning.
- Brown C., Baja M. and Luo Z.. (2020) Tertiary Students’ perspectives on the cost of textbooks. In.
- Brown C., Sharifkhani M. and Ren X.. (2020) Understanding tertiary educators’ perceptions and use of new learning and teaching spaces. In.
- Luo Z., O'Steen W. and Brown C. (2020) The Use of Eye-tracking Technology to Identify Visualisers and Verbalisers: Accuracy and Contributing Factors. Interactive Technology and Smart Education.
- Brown C. (2019) Commonwealth Digital Education Leadership Training in Action: An Evaluation.Commonwealth of Learning. Commissioned by Commonwealth of Learning.