Qualifications & Memberships
Arin's primary research includes clinical medicine, education, environmental health, epidemiology, health services research, information technology, & interdisciplinary research related to these disciplines. Within the field of epidemiology, he is particularly interested environmental epidemiology, clinical epidemiology, and health services research. systematic reviews and meta analyses in the context of health services and outcomes research. His area of interest in inter-disciplinary linkage between health services research and environmental epidemiology. He has published on health impacts and determinants of Arsenic toxicity in the India, and currently edits a systematic review on middle ear pain in airplane travellers for 'Clinical Evidence' – a secondary evidence based journal.
- Halim A., Basu A. and Kirk RC. (2019) The Prevalence of Body Mass Index–Associated Chronic Diseases in Diverse Ethnic Groups in New Zealand. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health 31(1): 84-91. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1010539518822438.
- Jamieson I., Sims D., Basu A. and Pugh K. (2019) Readiness for practice: The views of New Zealand senior nursing students. Nurse Education in Practice 38: 27-33. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2019.05.007.
- Kuziemsky C., Maeder AJ., John O., Gogia SB., Basu A., Meher S. and Ito M. (2019) Role of Artificial Intelligence within the Telehealth Domain. Yearbook of medical informatics 28(1): 35-40. http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1677897.
- Owusu MF., Basu A. and Barnett P. (2019) Hypertension and diabetes management: a policy perspective from Ghana. Journal of Health Organization and Management 33(1): 35-50. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JHOM-03-2018-0076.
- Basu A. (2018) Reproducible research using minimalist plain text tools. Qeios 649864 http://dx.doi.org/10.32388/649864.