Dr Scott is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow and Project Manager to the Successful Literacy and Learning theme of the ‘A Better Start: E Tipu e Rea’ project as part of the National Science Challenge.
Her research interests focus on children's early literacy and language development, and supporting teachers' and whānau to provide optimal environments to facilitate this development.
Dr Scott holds degrees in Psychology and Speech and Language Therapy with Honours from the University of Canterbury, and has experience working with a diverse range of populations including young children, adolescents, and children with Special Needs.
- Scott A., McNeill B. and van Bysterveldt A. (2020) Teenage mothers’ language use during shared reading: an examination of quantity and quality. Child Language Teaching and Therapy http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0265659020903769.
- Gillon G., McNeill B. and Scott A. (2019) Better Start Literacy Approach: Advancing foundational early literacy skills in all children. Christchurch, New Zealand: NZ Resource Teachers Literacy Conference, 24-27 Sep 2019.
- Gillon G., McNeill B., Scott A., Denston A., Carson K. and Macfarlane A. (2019) Word reading and spelling development in children who enter school with known challenges to their literacy learning. Taipei, Taiwan: 31st World Congress of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics,, 18 Aug-22 Oct 2019.
- Gillon G., McNeill BC., Scott A., Denston A., Wilson L., Carson K. and Macfarlane A. (2019) A better start to literacy learning: findings from a teacher-implemented intervention in children’s first year at school. Reading and Writing http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11145-018-9933-7.
- Scott ABF. (2018) Early literacy in early childhood education. Rydges Latimer Hotel, Christchurch: Christchurch ECC Conference, 28 Jul 2018.