UC now offering Computer-delivered IELTS
02 June 2021
The IELTS test centre at the University of Canterbury is the first IDP IELTS test centre to offer Computer-delivered IELTS in the South Island.
The University of Canterbury – Centre for Assessment and Monitoring caters to the many international students and workers Christchurch attracts who need to sit a recognised English test for study, professional reasons or migration.
We are immensely proud to be able to offer more choices to our test takers who for many will become students of the University of Canterbury.
The University of Canterbury-Centre for Assessment and Monitoring will offer IELTS as a computer delivered option as of June 2021. IELTS on computer offers results in 3-5 days, with tests taking place initially 2 days a week.
About computer-delivered IELTS
- Computer-delivered IELTS was launched in Australia in December 2017 and has been introduced across the IELTS testing network since 2018.
- The test is the same as paper-based IELTS for content, scoring, timing, level of difficulty, question format and security arrangements.
- Computer-delivered IELTS includes Listening, Reading and Writing. The Speaking test continues to be face-to-face, as it is a more reliable indicator of communication and it is what our test takers tell us feels more natural for them.
- Computer-delivered IELTS will not replace paper-based IELTS but rather offer a choice in delivery and more availability.
- Results of computer-delivered IELTS are available between 3-5 days after taking all four test sections rather than 13 days if taking paper based.
- The IELTS partners are committed to continuous investment in test development to enhance the IELTS experience.
- IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English.
About IDP Education
IDP, an ASX listed company that is 50 per cent owned by Australian universities, is a global leader in international education. We help international students study in English-speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course at the right institution in the right country. We’ve been operating for almost 50 years, creating a network of opportunity with offices in more than 30 countries.
We are also a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test, and an operator of 11 English language teaching campuses across South East Asia. In 2017, IDP acquired The Hotcourses Group – owners of some of the world’s most popular education websites such as The Complete University Guide, Whatuni and Hotcourses Abroad.
IDP Education is a living network of students, clients, services, alumni and employers. Together, we are working around the world to help students connect to success.
For further information please contact: