Dr Lovell is a qualitative health researcher with an academic background in health geography. Her research is concerned with access and delivery of care in the community, with a particular focus on sexual and reproductive health. Dr Lovell has published widely in journals such as Social Science & Medicine and Critical Public Health. She has ten years of experience supervising postgraduate students and teaching qualitative research methods.
My academic background is in Health Geography which is broadly interested in how our social and physical environments shape human health. I primarily undertake qualitative research informed by a range of methodologies including feminist and post-structural approaches.
- Namasivayam A., Lovell S., Namutamba S. and Schluter PJ. (2020) Predictors of modern contraceptive use among women and men in Uganda: A population-level analysis. BMJ Open 10(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2019-034675.
- Abdul Manaf R., Dickson N., Lovell S. and Ibrahim F. (2019) Consistent condom use and its predictors among female sexual Partners of People who Inject Drugs in Klang Valley, Malaysia. BMC Public Health 19(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7855-1.
- Lovell S. and Gray A. (2019) What is the role for community capacity building in economically marginal communities? Findings from a small town experiencing industry closure. Rotorua, New Zealand: 23rd IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion, 6-11 Apr 2019.
- Namasivayam A., Lovell S., Namutamba S. and Schluter PJ. (2019) Improved contraceptive use among women and men in Uganda between 1995-2016: A repeated cross-sectional population study.. PloS one 14(7) e0219963: 16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0219963.
- Cammock R., Priest P., Lovell SA. and Herbison P. (2018) Awareness and use of family planning methods among iTaukei women in Fiji and New Zealand. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health 42(4): 365-371. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1753-6405.12761.