My research interests focus on the use of digital technologies for online and blended learning, e-learning leadership in schools, and teacher professional development. My recent research and supervision has extended to investigate innovative learning environments and themes related to co-teaching, collaboration, and leadership of change, as well as the development of student competencies to thrive in new learning environments.
- Fletcher J., Everatt J., Mackey J. and Fickel LH. (2020) Digital Technologies and Innovative Learning Environments in Schooling: A New Zealand Experience. New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies 2020(55): 91-112. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40841-020-00156-2.
- Mackey J., O Reilly N., Jansen C. and Fletcher J. (2018) Leading change to co-teaching in primary schools: a “Down Under” experience. Educational Review 70(4): 465-485. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00131911.2017.1345859.
- Fletcher J., Mackey J. and Fickel L. (2017) A New Zealand case study: What is happening to lead changes to effective co-teaching in flexible learning spaces? Journal of Educational Leadership, Policy and Practice 32(1): 70-83.
- Mackey JK., O'Reilly N., Fletcher J. and Jansen C. (2017) What do teachers and leaders have to say about co-teaching in flexible learning spaces? Journal of Educational Leadership, Policy and Practice 32(1): 97-110.
- Rae G., Dabner NJ. and Mackey J. (2017) Bring your own device (BYOD) and teacher pedagogy in a New Zealand primary school. Teachers and Curriculum 17(2): 53-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.15663/tandc.v17i2.160.