My aim for education is to support the well-being and development of a good life for all our students.
I am mainly interested in exploring the relationship between people’s well-being, the philosophical notion of the art of living and educational theory and practice. By drawing on philosophy as well as positive psychology, I believe that relevant insights can be gained for the role of education for students’ (and teachers’) well-being and development of a good and beautiful life. Over the last years, I have also explored the role Philosophy for Children, and especially the Community of Philosophical Inquiry as a pedagogical tool, can have to support the development of skills and knowledge that are relevant for each student’s own art of living. Seeing each person as a unique and individual human being, acknowledgement of students’ diversity is a key aspect for my understanding of inclusion in education and guides my research endeavors in this area.
- Dutton H., Kamp A. and Teschers C. (2020) Teaching together: Reflections on developing a collaborative interdisciplinary teaching framework within a tertiary teaching team.. New Zealand Journal of Teachers' Work 17(2).
- Peters MA., Arndt S., Tesar M., Jackson L., Hung R., Mika C., Ozolins JT., Teschers C., Orchard J. and Buchanan R. (2020) Philosophy of education in a new key: A collective project of the PESA executive. Educational Philosophy and Theory http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00131857.2020.1759194.
- Teschers C. (2020) Proposing a Holistic Inclusive Education Model for Policy, Curriculum and Classroom Development. New Zealand Journal of Teachers' Work 17(1&2): 73-87. http://dx.doi.org/10.24135/teacherswork.v17i1%20&%202.299.
- Teschers C. (2018) Education towards a new modernity. Educational Philosophy and Theory 50(14): 1628-1629. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00131857.2018.1459499.
- D'Olimpio L. and Teschers C. (2017) Playing with philosophy: Gestures, life-performance, P4C and an art of living. Educational Philosophy and Theory 49(13): 1257-1266. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00131857.2017.1294974.