My writing and research interests are currently centred on children with disabilities and access and participation in early childhood educational settings.
- Rarere-Briggs BK. (2016) Co-constructing and enacting a shared vision for culturally responsive and inclusive pedagogy: Enabling preservice teacher growth and development.. Research Symposium presentation: Inquiring into Teacher Professional Learning: Mentoring, Induction and Beyond.
- Rarere-Briggs B. and Turnock K.. (2014) An essential and engaging on-line environment for learning - Making it meaningful. Our journey. In Proceedings: 62-66.
- Gordon-Burns D., Purdue K., Rarere-Briggs B., Stark R. and Turnock K. (2012) Key factors in creating inclusive early childhood settings for children with disabilities and their families. In Gordon-Burns D; Gunn AC; Purdue K; Surtees N (Ed.), Te Aotūroa Tātaki: Inclusive early childhood education: Perspectives on inclusion, social justice and equity from Aotearoa New Zealand: 155-173. Wellington: NZCER Press.
- Rarere-Briggs B., Gordon-Burns D., Purdue K., Stark R. and Turnock K. (2012) Do I accommodate his developmental age or do I want him to be with his peers?' (In)exclusionary discourses used in early childhood settings and their implications for teacher education. International Journal of Equity and Innovation in Early Childhood 10(1): 37-59.
- Purdue K., Gordon-Burns D., Rarere-Briggs B., Stark R. and Turnock K. (2011) The Exclusion of Children with Disabilities in Early Childhood Education in New Zealand: Issues and Implications for Inclusion. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood 36(2): 95-103.