Qualifications & Memberships
Arin's primary research includes clinical medicine, education, environmental health, epidemiology, health services research, information technology, & interdisciplinary research related to these disciplines. Within the field of epidemiology, he is particularly interested environmental epidemiology, clinical epidemiology, and health services research. systematic reviews and meta analyses in the context of health services and outcomes research. His area of interest in inter-disciplinary linkage between health services research and environmental epidemiology. He has published on health impacts and determinants of Arsenic toxicity in the India, and currently edits a systematic review on middle ear pain in airplane travellers for 'Clinical Evidence' – a secondary evidence based journal.
- Basu A., Kuziemsky C., de Araújo Novaes M., Kleber A., Sales F., Al-Shorbaji N., Flórez-Arango JF., Gogia SB., Ho K. and Hunter I. (2021) Telehealth and the COVID-19 Pandemic: International Perspectives and a Health Systems Framework for Telehealth Implementation to Support Critical Response. Yearbook of medical informatics 30(1): 126-133. http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0041-1726484.
- Mandal D., Sonar R., Saha I., Ahmed S. and Basu A. (2021) Isolation and identification of arsenic resistant bacteria: a tool for bioremediation of arsenic toxicity. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13762-021-03673-9.
- Ratuva S., Basu A., Crichton-Hill Y., Ross T., Martin-Neuninger R. and Vakaoti P. (2021) Integrated social protection and COVID-19: Rethinking Pacific community responses in Aotearoa. Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03036758.2020.1861033.
- Sheehan D., Lee A., Basu A. and Thwaites J. (2021) Improving the prescribing practice of junior doctors through interprofessional collaboration and evidence-based education. The New Zealand medical journal 134(1536): 12-24.
- Fernandez-Luque L., Kushniruk AW., Georgiou A., Basu A., Petersen C., Ronquillo C., Paton C., Nohr C., Kuziemsky CE. and Alhuwail D. (2020) Evidence-Based Health Informatics as the Foundation for the COVID-19 Response: A Joint Call for Action. Methods of Information in Medicine 59(6): 183-192. http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0041-1726414.