My research aim is to further understand the role of psychosocial development in children, especially in relation to literacy development.
I am interested in children with literacy learning difficulties across childhood. This includes psychosocial development (and links to well-being)and literacy development. I am also interested in the development of early literacy skills in children and factors that may influence this.
- Everatt J. and Denston A. (2021) Response by Everatt and Denston. European Journal of Special Needs Education http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08856257.2021.1960016.
- Martin R., Denston A., Fickel L. and O'Toole V. (2021) Understanding how teachers perceive socio-emotional wellbeing: Contributing to the development of a linguistically and culturally responsive SEW framework in Aotearoa New Zealand. University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand: 13th Educational Psychology Forum, 1-2 Feb 2021.
- Gillon G., McNeill B., Denston A., Scott A. and Macfarlane A. (2020) Evidence-Based Class Literacy Instruction for Children with Speech and Language Difficulties. Topics in Language Disorders 40(4): 357-374. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/TLD.0000000000000233.
- Denston A. and Everatt J. (2019) Interventions targeting literacy and well-being in New Zealand and Kuwaiti students.. Goa, India: 3rd International Conference of the Association for Reading and Writing in Asia (ARWA), 28 Feb 2019.
- Denston A., Everatt J. and Taleni T. (2019) Self-esteem, self-efficacy, and resilience in children with literacy learning difficulties in English. Jyväskylä, Finland: 7th International Workshop on Advanced Learning Sciences (IWALS), 17 Jun 2019.