Professional Learning and Development (PLD) for Primary School teachers and leaders
UC Education Plus facilitates PLD for leaders and teachers of Years 1-8 at individual, team, whole school and CoL levels. Cultural responsiveness, teaching as inquiry, and pedagogical content knowledge underpins all services we provide.
Our facilitators have a wide range of curriculum expertise and also support schools with evaluation, data analysis, and collaborative inquiry to enhance student engagement and lift student achievement.
Support is available in the following areas:
- Literacy and English Language Learning
- Mathematics and Statistics
- The New Zealand Curriculum
- Learning Languages
This service provision uses a mix of face-to-face and online activities to support schools:
- with giving access to flexible or just-in-time professional development
- to build, enhance and sustain professional learning communities within and between schools
- to engage in in-depth professional learning and development
- to implement Government initiatives.
Facilitators work with leaders and teachers to support evidence-based inquiry to accelerate achievement and improve outcomes for all learners.