Centrally funded PLD
What is centrally funded PLD?
The purpose of centrally funded Professional Learning and Development (PLD) is to provide funding and support to schools, kura and Communities of Learning (CoL) to focus on changes and improvements that will lift outcomes for students. It allows your school, kura or CoL to identify your own needs for professional learning and receive tailored support.
How do I access it?
You will need to submit a proposal to your regional Ministry of Education (MOE) office. Before making a proposal to the MOE, you should consider things like:
- does your CoL, school or kura have a high number of students achieving below expected standards?
- does your CoL, school or kura have achievement challenges in national priority areas?
- is your proposal to access PLD aimed at lifting student outcomes in national priority areas?
Your proposal will be based on the needs identified by your school or CoL using the inquiry process, and should include answers to the following questions:
- What are you trying to achieve?
- How did you reach this conclusion?
- How does this relate to the overall goals or strategic direction of the school, kura or CoL?
- Who else will be leading the PLD?
- What other internal expertise do you have to support the PLD?
- What external expertise do you need?
- What other PLD will you be undertaking during this period?
Download the proposal template (PLD Journal template) from the Ministry of Education PLD website. Our facilitators may be able to assist with aspects of preparing your PLD proposal. Please contact us if this interests you or if you have any questions about the process.
If your proposal is approved you will be allocated a number of hours of face-to-face facilitation. You can select an accredited facilitator to work with you to plan and deliver PLD.
2021 proposal deadlines
Deadlines for 2021 proposals, for all regions in New Zealand, are as follows:
|Application Round||Proposal cut-off date|
|Term 1||19 February 2021|
|Term 2||14 May 2021|
|Term 3||6 August 2021|
|Term 4||29 October 2021|
What if our proposal is declined?
You can reapply for funding in the following round. Contact one of our accredited facilitators if you would like help to co-construct a new proposal.
Centrally funded PLD is a limited resource and if you prefer we can work with you on a fee-for-service basis. Contact us to discuss your needs.