Robyn is an accredited facilitator for MoE centrally-funded PLD - view Robyn's Summary of Practice (including referees).
Robyn is a primary mathematics facilitator working out of our Christchurch office. She is passionate about creating classrooms that inspire children to believe in themselves and enjoy mathematics. Robyn supports teachers to tailor their mathematics programme to meet their students’ needs.
- Ensuring effective pedagogy in mathematics is engaging learners
- Providing focused support to each teacher using teaching as inquiry
- Developing communities of mathematical inquiry where learning discourse is embedded in deep, productive learning in a context of rich mathematical tasks
- Assisting schools to strengthen assessment practices to inform teaching and learning programmes and Overall Teacher Judgments (OTJ)
- Deepening teachers’ pedagogical content knowledge and mathematics content knowledge
- Supporting teachers to develop culturally responsive practices that acknowledge the identity, language and culture of all of their students
- Strengthening schools connections and engagement with family/whānau
- Using digital technologies in ways that advance mathematical thinking
- Effective pedagogy for accelerating learning for priority learners
- Building mathematics leadership capability through mentoring and coaching
Robyn believes in an inquiry approach where students work collaboratively to explore rich tasks. She supports leaders and teachers to achieve improved student learning outcomes, sustainable practices and systems, within and across schools.
Prior to becoming a mathematics facilitator, Robyn was a classroom teacher and Team Leader of Mathematics, leading her school in professional mathematics development. She holds a Bachelor of Teaching and Learning (Primary) and a Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood).
Family is a big part of Robyn’s world outside of work with two young children. She enjoys renovating and family holidays by the sea in summer and snow covered mountains in the winter.
“I would just like to tell you that before your PLD, maths was my most hated subject and all credit to you my attitude has changed. You made it so easy for me to teach and I started to get excited to share it with my students. As a result my students and I look forward to our math time together. My tutor teacher mentioned to me that it was one of my curriculum strengths and I agree with her. Because of this I would like to thank you for your input and was able to finish my teaching year with increased confidence.” - Ashburton Primary School