We strive to improve student achievement and engagement through the use of effective professional learning and development.
UC Education Plus provides PLD and advice to educators within the Primary, Secondary and Early Childhood sectors throughout New Zealand. Our team of expert facilitators work with leaders and teachers to support evidence-based inquiry that accelerates achievement and improves outcomes for all learners.
Support is available at individual, team, whole school and CoL levels through centrally-funded PLD and workshops, consultancy and short courses, and principal and leadership appraisals. Cultural responsiveness, teaching as inquiry, and pedagogical content knowledge underpin all services we provide.
Using both face-to-face and online activities, we work with schools in a flexible and responsive way to support:
- engagement in in-depth professional learning and development
- the building, enhancing and sustaining of professional learning communities within and between schools
- implementation of Government initiatives - The New Zealand Curriculum, Self-Review Tools, Ka Hikitia and the Pasifika Education Plan
UC Education Plus contracts
UC Education Plus provides professional development to teachers, schools and CoL through the following Ministry of Education contracts:
- Centrally Funded PLD
- Team Approach to Language Learners - TALL Project
- National Leader: Programmes for Students (PfS), Accelerating Learning in Literacy (ALL)
- Programmes for Students (PfS): Accelerating Learning in Literacy (ALL) Mentoring and Support
- Programmes for Students (PfS): Accelerating Learning in Mathematics (ALiM) and Mathematics Support Teacher (MST) Mentoring and Support
- Expert Partners Supporting Communities of Learning
- Strengthening Early Learning Opportunities (SELO) 1, 2 and 3, Professional Development Services
- Reading Recovery