Information for whānau | families
How you can be involved at the centre
We welcome you to participate in life at the centre. Here are some ways you may wish to consider:
- Contributing to your child’s learning journal through parent’s voice or by adding your own stories and photographs
- Attending events at the centre e.g., parent evenings, the end-of-year concert or cultural celebrations
- Donating items relevant to what the children are interested in e.g., plants and gardening equipment, books, arts & crafts materials and equipment
- Organising an activity at your department if you work at the university which a group of children can visit, e.g., showcasing fossils or robots, conducting an experiment with the children, inviting children to special department events that may interest them
- Reading stories, playing games or doing puzzles with a child or a small group of children when you drop your child off or pick him/her up
- Participating in excursions as a parent-helper
- Helping with or participating in fundraising activities
- Taking our resident Pūkeko on your family outing or holiday and writing the adventure in Pūkeko’s journal
If there are other ways in which you would like to be involved, please feel free to talk with the teachers about them.
Update your details
It is crucial for us to have your correct details in the event of an emergency. For any changes to your contact details or to amend the details of persons able to pick you child up from the Centre, please complete the update contact/personal details form and bring it to the Administrator or Team Leaders.