If you're looking for a plan to follow to put yourself on the right path at UC, the six steps outlined above make for a very good start.
- Do the basics - attend your lectures, ask questions and study
- Take the initiative - if you need advice or support, seek it out
- Get connected - join a student club or find a study group
- Know where your degree is going - book an appointment with a UC Careers Advisor or College Advisor
- Know how to get there - attend an Academic Skills Centre session and ask questions of your lecturers and tutors
- Take care of yourself - work, rest and play all in good balance
Every week in the first term you will receive an email from the University with good information in it to help you make the transition into University life smoother. Be sure to check your UClive email inbox so you don't miss them.