Fleet Vehicle Insurance Claims Process
- Fleet vehicle damage reported to/discovered by Security and claim form provided to vehicle booker.
- Vehicle booker completes Motor Vehicle Claim Form and returns to Security.
- Security obtain quote for repair from Vehicle Repair Supplier.
- Security email the claim form and quote for repair to the Insurer and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insurer provides a claim number to Security.
- Security email the claim number, copy of claim form and copy of quote to email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org) to raise a PO to the vehicle repairer.
- Finance Shared Services confirm to Security the PO has been raised.
- Vehicle repair supplier contacts Security to confirm booking time/date.
- Vehicle repaired and ready for Fleet availability.
Rental Vehicle Insurance Claims Process
UC participates in the All-of-Government contract for rental vehicles. UC's providers are Hertz and Thrifty. Ace Rental Cars are a subsidiary company of Hertz.
- Damage to rental vehicles should be reported to the provider (e.g., Hertz) at the time of the accident or when the vehicle is returned.
- In addition to completing the provider's paperwork, the vehicle booker MUST complete a Motor Vehicle Claim Form then send it directly to the Insurer and cc: email@example.com.
- If the claim form is not completed, signed and sent to the Insurer, you will be contacted by UC to complete the process.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the policy cover hired vehicles?
Yes, the policy covers damage to hired vehicles whilst in the University's care/custody/control.
What is the process for windscreen repairs?
You do not need to complete a claim form for glass-only damage. If using Novus or Smith & Smith you can simply provide them with UC’s policy number and proceed with the repair. Please contact email@example.com to obtain the policy number. If an alternative glazier is used, the insurer will require an estimate for authorisation.
If the damage is to a hired vehicle, first check with the hiring company whether they have a set process or preferred glazier.
Do I need to purchase additional insurance for a rental vehicle while travelling overseas?
The University's insurer will pay the excess up to $6,000 on insurance taken out on a rental vehicle overseas. The traveller needs to take local insurance for the vehicle, however the excess should not be over $6,000 or additional cover should be taken to reduce it to this level. No additional cover is required if the excess is under $6,000.