Essential travel information
Let us know you are safe if you are caught up in a critical incident while travelling.
Contact your department head or your immediate supervisor as soon as you can.
Healix Travel Oracle app
Registering on the Healix app enables UC travellers to access real-time travel alerts and obtain detailed information about international destinations.
Once downloaded please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain our UC Policy Number, enabling access – you will also need to enter your UC email address.
Checklist for UC travellers
- It is mandatory to use the University's contracted travel management company, Orbit, for all University travel. In rare exceptions, it may be possible to request a departure from this policy by contacting email@example.com. If you have permission from UC Procurement to not book your UC travel through Orbit, then you must log your travel insurance arrangements through the Allianz portal to ensure coverage by UC.
- For a step-by-step guide to using the Allianz portal to register a business trip, please see How to Register a Business Trip.
- To purchase the University's Leisure Travel Policy, please submit an insurance application via the Allianz Portal. A personal credit card payment will be required. For a step-by-step guide to using the portal, please see How to Register a Leisure Trip.
- Register your travel with New Zealand authorities so you can be easily contacted in case of an emergency. Only applicable to New Zealand citizens travelling on a New Zealand passport.
- Check travel advisory updates for high or extreme risk destinations.
- What’s the latest on UC's corporate travel insurance (Allianz)?
On the 5th March, we received updated information regarding the handling of UC's travel insurance around COVID-19. Allianz Partners New Zealand is currently continuing to cover medical and emergency medical repatriation costs.
Although travel insurance policies generally exclude losses caused by events that were known or foreseeable at the time the policy was purchased, Allianz are now considering valid medical and emergency transportation claims related to Covid-19 irrespective of when customers purchased their policy, when they depart on their journey and where they are travelling worldwide.
They are not however covering disinclination to travel irrespective of when you booked. Loss of deposits for conferences will be paid for bookings made prior to 30th January 2020.
COVID-19 Update: FAQs from the University broker (Updated: 09/03/20) for UC staff and students travelling on University business.
- Keep tabs on MFAT's latest advisories via their Facebook page.
- Hazardous pursuits endorsement (PDF, 265kb) details hazardous pursuits not covered by UC's travel insurance.
- If you need to make a travel claim and your travel insurance is covered by, or obtained through, UC's travel insurer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a claims form.
UC's Premier Corporate Travel Insurance Policy
UC staff may view UC's Premier Corporate Travel Insurance Policy Wording (dated 1 October 2017) via the Staff Intranet Insurance site.