Essential travel information
Due to current New Zealand government border restrictions and the ongoing risks posed by the global pandemic, the University of Canterbury has a policy in place that any travel (domestic or international) may only proceed if deemed essential and only with SLT approval”. This policy is under continuous review but will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
Let us know you are safe if you are caught up in a critical incident while travelling.
Contact your department head or your immediate supervisor as soon as you can.
Healix Travel Oracle app
Registering on the Healix app enables UC travellers to access real-time travel alerts and obtain detailed information about international destinations.
Once downloaded please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain our UC Policy Number, enabling access – you will also need to enter your UC email address.
Checklist for UC travellers
- It is mandatory to use the University's contracted travel management company, Orbit, for all University travel. In rare exceptions, it may be possible to request a departure from this policy by contacting email@example.com. If you have permission from UC Procurement to not book your UC travel through Orbit, then you must log your travel insurance arrangements through the Allianz portal (TravelBook) to ensure coverage by UC.
- Register your travel with New Zealand authorities so you can be easily contacted in case of an emergency. Only applicable to New Zealand citizens travelling on a New Zealand passport.
- Check travel advisory updates for high or extreme risk destinations.
- Keep tabs on MFAT's latest advisories via their Facebook page.
- Hazardous pursuits endorsement (PDF, 265kb) details hazardous pursuits not covered by UC's travel insurance.
- If you need to make a travel claim and your travel insurance is covered by, or obtained through, UC's travel insurer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a claims form.