Information for students
Latest Course Information
Check AKO | LEARN for specific course updates.
If you have questions around teaching and learning i.e. online options, social distancing in lectures etc. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As Covid-19 may be affecting your academic progression, we want to ensure all students are supported to achieve in their learning. Find out about assessment expectations, appeals and results, and applying for special consideration here.
Students will need to upload their Assura confirmation email as part of the special consideration process for Covid-19. Students do not need a medical certificate.
Although mask wearing is no longer compulsory under the Governments’ Orange setting in most places on campus, our very strong public health advice is that all our staff and students are strongly encouraged to wear one wherever physical distancing is not possible. This includes in teaching and research settings, and in our libraries.
Masks are required to be worn at our campus retail outlets.
Masks have been clearly shown to reduce the spread of the virus and COVID-19 is still prevalent in our communities. Mask wearing is a simple way for us all to support those who are particularly vulnerable to the virus.
Masks are available in lecture theatres and other student spaces on campus.
Masks can be disposed of in the dark green bins that have mask disposal signage on them around campus.
Wellbeing support for students
It’s important to look after yourself and others in these uncertain and unique times, so check out the online wellbeing hub where there’s a wealth of handy information covering anxiety and stress and mind and body.
Here are just a few of the other support services available across UC, Ōtautahi and Aotearoa New Zealand:
- Library https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/library/support/covid-19/
- ITS website - https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/its/
- Rec & Sport Centre YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/UCSport
- Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care – 03 369 3388, email@example.com
- Māori student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pacific student support – 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Rainbow student support 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 364 4444, email@example.com
- Chaplaincy services – Reverend Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0555, email@example.com
- LIFELINE – 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357 for free, 24/7, confidential support
- 24/7 Support https://thelowdown.co.nz/ & https://www.allright.org.nz/
- StudyLink - https://www.studylink.govt.nz/
- Government COVID-19 website, the most up-to-date, useful information for NZ - https://covid19.govt.nz/
- Ministry of Health Need to talk? Free phone or text 1737
Further information on vaccination requirements can be obtained by contacting our halls of residence directly.
UC Student Travel Requirements
Advice for Student Travel has been updated to reflect the Protection Framework traffic light system. Read more>
Te Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec & Sport
Find an overview of all Te Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec & Sport requirements and information on their Covid-19 Response page here.
Cafes on campus
Masks are required to be worn at our campus retail outlets. Hospitality venue guidelines at the Orange setting are available here>
UC Qualifications with vaccination requirements
Some health and medical qualifications require students to undertake placements in the community. For placements in the health and disability sector, students must comply with government vaccine mandates and supply evidence of their vaccination status.
More information here: Vaccination Status Verification | University of Canterbury