Information for students
Latest Course Information
Check AKO | LEARN for specific course updates.
Sitting exams during isolation
If you are having to isolate due to Covid-19, but feel well enough to take your exams, please contact email@example.com.
As Covid-19 may be affecting your academic progression, we want to ensure all students are supported to achieve in their learning. Find out about assessment expectations, appeals and results, and applying for special consideration here.
Students will need to upload their Assura confirmation email as part of the special consideration process for Covid-19. Students do not need a medical certificate.
Wellbeing support for students
It’s important to look after yourself and others in these uncertain and unique times, so check out the online wellbeing hub where there’s a wealth of handy information covering anxiety and stress and mind and body.
Here are just a few of the other support services available across UC, Ōtautahi and Aotearoa New Zealand:
- Library https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/library/support/covid-19/
- ITS website - https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/its/
- Rec & Sport Centre YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/UCSport
- Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care – 03 369 3388, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Māori student support – 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Pacific student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rainbow student support 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 364 4444, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplaincy services – Reverend Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, email@example.com
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0555, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIFELINE – 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357 for free, 24/7, confidential support
- 24/7 Support https://thelowdown.co.nz/ & https://www.allright.org.nz/
- StudyLink - https://www.studylink.govt.nz/
- Government COVID-19 website, the most up-to-date, useful information for NZ - https://covid19.govt.nz/
- Ministry of Health Need to talk? Free phone or text 1737
UC Qualifications with vaccination requirements
Some health and medical qualifications require students to undertake placements in the community. For placements in the health and disability sector, students must comply with government vaccine mandates and supply evidence of their vaccination status.
More information here: Vaccination Status Verification | University of Canterbury