Use the Tab and Up, Down arrow keys to select menu items.
This course will be delivered as part of the UC Takere programme through a series of workshops, tutorials, PALS (Peer Assisted Learning Sessions) and haerenga (field trips). There will be one 5-day noho marae in week 1 of the programme followed by 5 weeks of learning on-campus. The course introduces students to a pre and post-colonial history of Maori and Pacific society and innovation and provides a basic understanding of concepts that comprise a Maori and Pacific worldview of cultural similarities and differences shared across the Pacific. This course will cover:
- Cultural narratives and navigation
- European settlement and colonisation of the Pacific
- Biculturalism in Aotearoa
- Understanding identity as a lived experience
- Influences of Maori and Pacific identities in historical and contemporary contexts
Students must attend one activity from each section.
Domestic fee $785.00
International fee $3,500.00
* All fees are inclusive of NZ GST or any equivalent overseas tax, and do not include any programme level discount or additional course-related expenses.
Maximum enrolment is 50
For further information see
Aotahi School of Maori and Indigenous Studies