Our Guide to Job Hunting is updated and published annually.
- Download the full Guide to Job Hunting PDF, 2.5MB)
The guide by sections
- Careers, Internships & Employment Services (PDF 123KB)
- A Career Decision Making Model (PDF 47KB)
- Student & Graduate Recruitment (PDF 211KB)
- Job hunting strategies (PDF 116KB)
- Researching the organisation (PDF 141KB)
- Work – international (PDF 113KB)
- Entrepreneurship (PDF 49KB)
- Cover letters (PDF 176KB)
- Preparing a Curriculum Vitae (CV) (PDF 404KB)
- Application forms (PDF 72KB)
- Job interviews (PDF 299KB)
- Assessment centres & psychometric tests (PDF 141KB)
- Job seekers with a disability or health condition (PDF 50KB)
- Salary Negotiation & Employment Agreements (PDF 41KB)
- Recruiting Employers (PDF 121KB)
Pick up a free copy of any of our Discover Your Options flyers from Careers, Internships & Employment, at Level 1 Geography Building or download the documents here.
- Your values and work (PDF 360KB)
- Self reliance skills for graduates in the 21st century (PDF 346KB)
- Top 10 skills-attributes sought after by graduate employers (PDF 161KB)
- Careers in the state sector (PDF 699KB)
- Considering a career in academia (PDF 589KB)
- How to set up a LinkedIn profile (PDF 354KB)
- How to make the most of Careers Fairs & Events (PDF 373KB)
- Questions for informational interviews (PDF 420KB)
- Top tips for sensible social networking (PDF 698KB)
- Volunteer work and your CV (PDF 465KB)
Evaluate your options
Find employment opportunities
- Case interviewing (PDF 612KB)
- Job search strategies: International students (PDF 874KB)
- Registering on UC CareerHub as a graduate (PDF 351KB)
- Top 10 Tips on approaching recruitment companies (PDF 521KB)
- Top 10 Tips on finding engineering summer work (PDF 652KB)
- What should I wear to a job interview (PDF 745KB)
The subjects and degrees offered at UC can lead to a wide range of career options. The career pathways outlined in our "What can I do with a degree from UC?" series are indicative, not exhaustive.
Our What can I do with a degree from UC? webpages include links to downloadable brochures for each subject.
Find out where UC's graduates end up after graduation in our Graduate Destination Survey 2016. Updated survey results coming soon.