UC Careers international
As an international student potentially seeking work in New Zealand in the future, it is important to understand what employers look for in hiring students and graduates so you can make the most of your time at university to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they often seek.
Top 10 tips for finding work in NZ
1. Understand what New Zealand employers are looking for.
2. Get involved.
3. Develop a network of personal contacts.
4. Enhance your communication skills.
5. Identify the right jobs for you.
6. Learn about job entry requirements. You can find information about visas and eligibility to work at New Zealand Immigration.
7. Research employers.
8. Learn how to apply for jobs in New Zealand.
9. Get New Zealand based work experience.
10. Remain positive and open minded.
We have the rest of the details on a resource in our office so come in and see us.
We offer seminars that will give you a wealth of information about CVs, cover letters and LinkedIn as well as individual careers consultant appointments.
Also, our career fairs might be a bit different to what you are used to so come and see us and we will happily explain.