Our Guide to Job Hunting is updated and published annually.
- Download the full Guide to Job Hunting PDF, 2.5MB)
The guide by sections
- Careers, Internships & Employment Services (PDF 123KB)
- A Career Decision Making Model (PDF 47KB)
- Student & Graduate Recruitment (PDF 211KB)
- Job hunting strategies (PDF 116KB)
- Researching the organisation (PDF 141KB)
- Work – international (PDF 113KB)
- Entrepreneurship (PDF 49KB)
- Cover letters (PDF 176KB)
- Preparing a Curriculum Vitae (CV) (PDF 404KB)
- Application forms (PDF 72KB)
- Job interviews (PDF 299KB)
- Assessment centres & psychometric tests (PDF 141KB)
- Job seekers with a disability or health condition (PDF 50KB)
- Salary Negotiation & Employment Agreements (PDF 41KB)
- Recruiting Employers (PDF 121KB)
Pick up a free copy of any of our Discover Your Options flyers from Careers, Internships & Employment, at Level 1 Geography Building or download the documents here.
- Your values and work (PDF 360KB)
- Self reliance skills for graduates in the 21st century (PDF 346KB)
- Top 10 skills-attributes sought after by graduate employers (PDF 161KB)
- Careers in the state sector (PDF 699KB)
- Considering a career in academia (PDF 589KB)
- How to set up a LinkedIn profile (PDF 354KB)
- How to make the most of Careers Fairs & Events (PDF 373KB)
- Questions for informational interviews (PDF 420KB)
- Top tips for sensible social networking (PDF 698KB)
- Volunteer work and your CV (PDF 465KB)
Evaluate your options
Find employment opportunities
- Case interviewing (PDF 612KB)
- Job search strategies: International students (PDF 874KB)
- Registering on UC CareerHub as a graduate (PDF 351KB)
- Top 10 Tips on approaching recruitment companies (PDF 521KB)
- Top 10 Tips on finding engineering summer work (PDF 652KB)
- What should I wear to a job interview (PDF 745KB)
The subjects and degrees offered at UC can lead to a wide range of career options. The career pathways outlined in our "What can I do with a degree from UC?" series are indicative, not exhaustive.
Our What can I do with a degree from UC? webpages include links to downloadable brochures for each subject.
Find out where UC's graduates end up after graduation in our annual Graduate Destination Survey 2018.