CV, Cover Letter, Applications & LinkedIn
Writing a targeted CV and job application is a life skill.
Use the interactive tools and self-help guides for step-by-step instructions on how to write your CV, Cover Letter and Applications to impress employers.
Not sure how to start? Take the CV & Application tutorial for a step-by-step guide
A CV is a summary of your personal, education and work history to help you sell your skills to an employer. A well planned and targeted CV will considerably boost your chances of getting to the interview stage, so it’s worth spending some time and effort on it. Use the step-by-step guides and tools to help you write your CV:
- Preparing a Curriculum Vitae (CV) (PDF 423KB)
- CV Builder Use this to create a professional, ATS-friendly CV
- CV360 Optimise your CV and get instant feedback
- For specific Teaching CV tips, refer to Page 26 in the Preparing a Curriculum Vitae (CV) (PDF 423KB)
A cover letter is the first opportunity you have to impress an employer and positively influence them to read your CV.
- Use the Cover Letter Builder for a quick and easy way to create a customized cover letter. You will also find examples and gain useful tips and advice.
- Cover Letter Tips and templates Cover letters (PDF 136KB)
Many employers require you to application forms and usually ask for similar information required in a CV.
Refer to the guide to Application forms (PDF 69KB) to help you fill out an application form in full.
LinkedIn is a fast-growing professional network. Your LinkedIn profile can evolve as you learn new skills, achieve new accomplishments and enter new phases of your career.
Follow these easy steps to boost your LinkedIn profile visibility and make sure you are seen by prospective employers.
Steps to Boost your LinkedIn Profile:
- Start by taking the LinkedIn tutorial to build your profile
- Tips on how to set up your LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Cheat Sheet
- Quick tips: How to network on LinkedIn
- Book a one-on-one LinkedIn appointment
- Our team can help you take a professional photo for your LinkedIn. Email us to set up a time for your photo