CV, Cover Letter, Applications & LinkedIn
Writing a targeted CV and job application is a life skill.
Use the interactive tools and self-help guides for step-by-step instructions on how to write your CV, Cover Letter and Applications to impress employers.
Not sure how to start? Take the CV & Application tutorial for a step-by-step guide
A CV is a summary of your personal, education and work history to help you sell your skills to an employer. A well planned and targeted CV will considerably boost your chances of getting to the interview stage, so it’s worth spending some time and effort on it. Use the step-by-step guides and tools to help you write your CV:
A cover letter is the first opportunity you have to impress an employer and positively influence them to read your CV.
Many employers require you to application forms and usually ask for similar information required in a CV.
Refer to the guide to Application forms (PDF 69KB) to help you fill out an application form in full.
LinkedIn is a fast-growing professional network. Your LinkedIn profile can evolve as you learn new skills, achieve new accomplishments and enter new phases of your career. You can also use LinkedIn to identify opportunities by networking.
Follow these easy steps and tutorials to help you share your professional story through LinkedIn:
Set up your LinkedIn profile
- Start by taking the LinkedIn tutorial to build your profile
- Tips on How to set up a LinkedIn profile (PDF 354KB)
- Developing your LinkedIn profile (265 KB)
- Creating a great LinkedIn summary
- LinkedIn Cheat Sheet
Networking on LinkedIn
- Tips for growing your Personal Brand through LinkedIn
- How to use LinkedIn to explore opportunities with your degree
- Quick tips: How to network on LinkedIn
- How to connect on LinkedIn
- Smart social networking
Top tips for LinkedIn networking: Add people you know and the industry leaders that inspire you. It's also worth getting in touch with UC alumni who work in the companies you're interested in to conduct an information interview and learn more about the employer or their career experience. Connect and follow company profiles on LinkedIn so you're updated with the latest employer insights.
LinkedIn for Job Seekers
- Tutorial: LinkedIn for job seekers
- Slides: LinkedIn for Job Seekers
- How do employers use LinkedIn
- Optimising your profile for recruiters
Boost your LinkedIn Profile
Book a one-on-one LinkedIn appointment - our team can help you take a professional photo for your LinkedIn