VA-12 AND VA-13 - Value-added reporting for Year 12 and Year 13
VA-12 and VA-13 measure and monitor pupil progress over Year 12 and Year 13.
In November each year schools register to receive value-added feedback for their current Year 12 and Year 13 students. In March the following year after students have sat NCEA, value-added feedback is provided for each student.
- VA-12 Feedback on progress in Year 12: Year 11 NCEA results are used as a baseline to measure progress in NCEA to the end of Year 12.
- VA-13 Feedback on progress in Year 13: Year 12 NCEA results are used as a baseline to measure progress in NCEA to the end of Year 13.
The high quality interactive online feedback shows the value-added for each student in each NCEA subject compared to students similar ability throughout New Zealand. The feedback is broken down by gender and ethnicity. The feedback also shows the performance of each school subject. This provides powerful data to inform school planning and improvement processes.
VA-12 and VA-13 Timeline
- November: Schools register to participate in VA12 and VA13.
- February: Schools send CAM a list of Year 12 and 13 students who sat NCEA last year.
- March: Value-added feedback is provided for all Year 12 and 13 students following release of Level 2 and 3 NCEA results from NZQA.
- Schools will be informed when their feedback is available on the website.
A non-refundable deposit of $450 is required. The deposit will be deducted from the final invoice.
The cost per student reported on is $4.75 exclusive of GST.