Work Integrated Learning Opportunities
More than 700 UC Business School students contribute to over 100 projects for local organisations each year. These range from group projects with up to 10 students researching a business problem to individual placements where students have an opportunity to spend time at an organisation interacting with their team and stakeholders.
Courses with Work Integrated Learning opportunities
- Internship or Consultancy Project - ECON390-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Internship or Consultancy Project - ECON390-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Internship or Consultancy Project - FINC390-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Internship or Consultancy Project - FINC390-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Internet Business and Technology - INFO253-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Information Systems Internship - INFO390-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Information Systems Internship - INFO390-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Information Systems Case Study - INFO629-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Enterprise in Practice - INOV290-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Enterprise in Practice - INOV290-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Social Entrepreneurship - MGMT343-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Management Intern Consulting Project - MGMT390-20A (C) Any Time Start 2020
- Management Intern Consulting Project - MGMT390-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Entrepreneurship - MGMT641-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Advertising and Promotion Management - MKTG307-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- International Marketing - MKTG309-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Retail Marketing - MKTG311-20S1 (C) Semester One 2020
- Digital Marketing - MKTG316-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Marketing Internship - MKTG390-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
- Strategic Marketing - MKTG305-20S2 (C) Semester Two 2020
MBA & Business Taught Masters
- MBA Project - MBAD680-20A (C) Any Time Start 2020
- Research Project - MBAZ680-20A (C) Any Time Start 2020
- Internship - MBAZ681-20A (C) Any Time Start 2020
- Research Project - MBIS680-20A (C) Any Time Start 2020
- Information Systems Internship - MBIS691-20T3 (C) Term Three 2020
Incorporating Work Integrated Learning courses into your qualification
To find out how you can incorporate Work Integrated Learning experiences into your qualification contact the College of Business and Law Student Advisors. It is important to make sure your Work Integrated Learning experiences fit in with your degree plan.
Our student advisors are not currently taking face-to-face appointments. Please book your 15 minute phone appointment through our booking system. Enter your name, student ID and phone number and the student advisor will call you at your booked time.
For undergraduate bookings, please visit https://bsec-studentadvisor.canterbury.ac.nz/default.aspx. For postgraduate bookings, please click the 'Make an appointment' button at the bottom of the postgraduate student advisor's contact information below.
There are a range of not-for-credit experiences available for students who can’t fit Work Integrated Learning into their degree schedule, or would like to take on additional opportunities to connect with employers, these include:
- UC Centre for Entrepreneurship Disrupt Challenges
- UC Careers, Internships & Employment opportunities
- Highered Global Opportunities
- ChristchurchNZ Job Ready programme
Read about our students' experiences
'It was a great compliment to my entrepreneurship major to have a real taste of start-up businesses...'