Inclusive UC is an in-person Challenge for UC students, working together in teams, to create a student-focused event to foster and facilitate meaningful social connections between international and domestic students on campus.
The Challenge runs for 48 hours (Friday 24th & Saturday 25th July) with flexible timing to suit your schedule. You will get coaching from UCE staff and mentoring from experts. It is a perfect opportunity to meet some new people, hone your skills, build your CV, experience some new ways of working and have an impact on your University!
On the final day of Inclusive UC, your team will pitch your event plan to a panel of judges. The best ideas will get a share of the $2,000 cash prize pool as well as support from UC Business School to turn your ideas into reality and a budget to deliver the event in the second semester of this year!
Why sign up?
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Meet interesting new people from a range of disciplines.
- Develop your creativity, innovation, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Build experience in creating a compelling, professional presentation.
- Network with mentors and experts.
- Have something awesome to put on your CV.
- Enjoy delicious food throughout the Challenge!
- Be in to win cash prizes!
Who should sign up?
UC tertiary students across all institutes and degrees are welcome to attend our Challenge! UC Clubs are particularly encouraged to register teams, with a view to developing a new event, or making an existing event more inclusive.
Do I need a team in advance?
If you already have a team that’s great and you can register as a team (5 people max.). Otherwise, we will organise a team for you. All you need to do is register!
Who is running the Challenge?
The UC Centre for Entrepreneurship and UC Business School, with the support of On Campus Catering & Events, are working in partnership to provide this exciting opportunity.
- Launch: Monday 20th July - 4 to 6pm - Rehua building
- Challenge: Friday 24th & Saturday 25th July - 9am to 5pm - Rehua building
- Students can pop out to attend lectures on Friday and must be available for the final presentation on Saturday afternoon.
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org