‘Bridging the gap’ is an in-person Challenge for all UC students, working together in teams, to come up with solutions to deepen knowledge and understanding of Asia in New Zealand!
Over 2 days in Summer - Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 January 2021 - you will help The Asia New Zealand Foundation in its mission to equip New Zealanders to engage with Asia.
You do not need an idea in advance - you will be introduced to the Challenge question on the day of the launch and start ‘ideation’ with your team. During the Challenge, you will receive mentoring and input from industry experts to help your team develop your idea. On the final day of ‘Bridging the Gap’, your team will pitch your concept to a panel of judges. The top ideas will get a share of the $1,500 cash prize pool as well as support from UC Business School to make your ideas a reality.
The Challenge is the perfect opportunity to meet some new people, hone your skills, build your CV, experience new ways of working and have a real impact!
Why sign up?
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Meet interesting new people from a range of backgrounds
- Develop your creativity, innovation, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Build experience in creating a compelling, professional presentation
- Network with mentors and experts
- Have something awesome to put on your CV
- Enjoy delicious free food
- Be in to win cash prizes
Who should sign up?
UC students across all degrees and study levels are welcome to attend our Challenge! No previous experience or knowledge of Asia is required.
Do I need a team in advance?
If you already have a team, that’s great - you can register as a team (3 to 5 people max.). Otherwise, we will organise a team for you. All you need to do is register!
Who is running the Challenge?
The UC Centre for Entrepreneurship, UC Business School and Asia New Zealand Foundation are working in partnership to provide this exciting opportunity.
- Challenge Launch: 2pm - 4pm, Friday 15 January afternoon
- Challenge: 9am - 5pm, Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 January
Location: UC Campus, Rehua building, 6th floor, room 620/BTM space
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on social media: