UCE Disrupt Course
Enterprise in practice: Project (INOV290)
This course enables leverages student’s creative thinking in a real-world challenge to make a difference for an organisation. Over the course of the semester you will work in a team to come up with a concept solution to a Challenge posed by an organisation. You will gain real-world experience working with key stakeholders and mentors and will learn to apply a number of business tools and techniques as you come up with your concept solutions. This is an opportunity for you to have a real impact for an organisation.
Who is this course for?
You will benefit if you:
- Want to solve a challenge for an organisation.
- Want real-life experience.
- Learn a number of business tools and frameworks to assess new ideas.
- Want to connect with a range of individuals from the business and non-profit sectors.
- Want to solve real problems.
You must have completed 120 points at 100-level.
The core component of this course is a 105-hour project. During Semester 1 and Semester 2 there is a weekly lecture along with a weekly tutorial. Topics covered during the lectures include:
- Working in teams
- Identifying the underlying problem
- Networking skills
- Creativity and brainstorming
- How to think innovatively
- Business models
- Market validation
- Designing a survey
- Minimal viable product
- Intellectual property
- Professional development such as leadership
- How to think creatively
- Social responsibility
The assessment for INOV290 consists of three written reports, one reflection essay and a short presentation. There is no exam.
- Project Proposal (20%) - A short report that outlines the project (and plan) for the semester. Worth
- Mid-project Report (20%) - An updated on progress amde in the first.
- Final Project Report (40%) - A complete report on the project including any findings, insights, conclusions and reccomendations.
- Self Relfection Essay (5%) - A personal reflection focused on your own learning journey throughout the semester.
- Presentation (15%) - A 3-5 minute presentation summarising the key findings, conclusions and reccomendations of the project.
For all enquiries
get in touch with UCE