A design science researcher, developing a Precision Healthcare ecosystem for sustainable, data-driven healthcare for the future.
Arnob Zahid is a Doctoral candidate at the department of accounting and information systems of UC Business School. His research focuses on developing artefacts for a Precision Healthcare Ecosystem that ensures user-centricity and trust among the healthcare stakeholders. Arnob has been a Research and Development Fellow of Callaghan Innovation, a prestigious crown entity of New Zealand, from 2019-2021. He did his Masters in Information Systems and Business Management from the University of Bedfordshire, UK and Bachelors (Hons.) in Information Technology from the University of Lancaster, UK. Before his doctoral study, he was teaching as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management Information Systems of the American International University-Bangladesh. Currently, he is on study leave for his doctoral studies.
Arnob is an emerging information systems researcher in the digital health domain. During his undergrad, he received Youth@Research Award (2nd Runner Up) in 2007 from MSC Malaysia, a government entity of Malaysia. His recent research has been published in top-tier journals such as the International Journal of Medical Informatics, Industrial Management & Data Systems. Recently, he has been awarded the “UC Foundation Doctoral Publication Prize” for his research publication. He is an active reviewer of multiple top-ranked journals such as the International Journal of Information Management, Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, Journal of Industrial Management & Data Systems, Computer- IEEE Computer Society, and information systems conferences. He has been invited on multiple occasions as a guest lecturer and speaker to share his knowledge on emerging information technologies for a sustainable digital health system. This year, Arnob is invited as a speaker by Health Informatics New Zealand (HiNZ) to share his knowledge on Blockchain and Augmented Technologies for sustainable Precision Healthcare.
Design Science Research in Information Systems, Business Systems Analysis and Design, Health Informatics, Precision Healthcare, Digital Health.
Working thesis titleValidating the Application of Emerging Technologies to Support Stakeholder Uptake of Precision Healthcare as a Service.
- PhD in Information Systems – University of Canterbury, New Zealand (2019 – Dec 2021).
- MSc. in Information Systems and Business Management – University of Bedfordshire, UK.
- BSc. (Hons) in Information Technology – Lancaster University, UK.
- Tutor – Department of Accounting & Information Systems, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (Jul 2020 –Nov 2020)
- Assistant Professor – Department of Management Information Systems, American International University–Bangladesh (AIUB), Bangladesh (Nov 2015 – Present) [Currently on Study Leave].
- Lecturer – Department of Management Information Systems, American International University – Bangladesh (AIUB), Bangladesh (May 2014 – Oct 2015)
- Senior Analyst (IT) – Workspace Infotech Ltd., Bangladesh (Mar 2011 - May 2014).
- Blockchain and Augmented Technologies for Precision Healthcare: An Ecosystem for Sustainable Healthcare - Digital Health Week New Zealand, Health Informatics New Zealand (HiNZ), New Zealand (Nov 2021)
- Blockchain and Augmented Technologies for Personalized Healthcare: Fulfilling the Sustainable Development Goals in Healthcare - International Webinar on Hospital Management, France (Mar 2021)
- A Blockchain Based Precision Healthcare Ecosystem to Increase Trust and Patient Engagement - Department of Accounting and Information Systems, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (Jun 2021)
- Application of Emerging Technologies in Digital Health - Department of Accounting and Information Systems, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (Sep 2020)