Alumni and Events
As a member of the MBA alumni, you will enjoy an ongoing relationship with your fellow graduates. A number of events are run throughout the year, bringing together alumni networks of business leaders and graduates, and facilitating the exchange of ideas and expertise.
Stay connected with the UC MBA Graduate Association
The UC MBA Graduate Association is where you continue your MBA journey.
The Association exists to bolster and continue the MBA experience via professional growth and personal engagement. This is accomplished through varied programmes of events. Some events are informal and simply a catch up time. Others like MBA Masterclasses are exclusive opportunities to learn and upskill alongside current students.
The association is exclusively for graduates from the University of Canterbury MBA and its pathway programmes (DipBA, GradDipBA and PGDipBA).
The current UC MBA Graduate Association committee members are Matthew Williams (President), Louisa Bangma-Duff, Lloyd Mander, Murray Dempsey, Mike Blackburn, Vidhi Marshall (MBA Candidate), and Laura Jones.
We provide personal and professional development opportunities to support you in your career progression.
Thought Leadership Series
Leading business minds from New Zealand and abroad feature in our Thought Leadership Series. Industry, students, and alumni are invited to be inspired by innovative and insightful expertise from executives and entrepreneurs.
Hear from leading business minds from New Zealand and abroad in our premiere Thought Leadership Series. Industry, students and alumni are invited to be inspired with innovative and insightful expertise from executives and entrepreneurs.
Previous speakers have included:
- Malcolm Rands, Founder of ecostore, Executive Chair of Fairground Foundation
- Barbara Chapman, Chief Executive of ASB
- Harold Hillman, Sigmoid
- Christopher Luxon, CEO of Air New Zealand
- Garry Diack, CEO of Tait Communications
- John Spence, International Business Thought Leader (watch video)
- Geoff White, CEO of Trade Aid (watch video)
- Andrew Shaw, Partner Lane Neave
- Raj Sisodia, Conscious Capitalism
- Brian Lee, CFO of Smiths City
- Anthony Leighs, Leighs Construction
- Rick Hellings, CEO of Smiths City
- Joel Bamford, Senior Economist for Commerce Commission
- Doug Hastie, CEO of Syft Techologies, founder Chanui Tea
- Rob Jamieson, CEO of Orion New Zealand Ltd
- Jim Boult, CEO of Christchurch International Airport
- Steve Hampson, CEO of powerHouse Ventures Ltd
- Dave Clive, Assistant Commissioner (South) of New Zealand Police
- Brett Anderson, CEO of Christchurch Casino
- Dr Allan Freeth, CEO of TelstraClear
- Roger Sutton, Chief Executive of CERA
- Nicki Crauford, CEO of Institute of Directors
- Rod Quin, CEO of Westland Milk Products
Learn from our students' experiences
'The motivation for doing the MBA is to widen my knowledge of leadership and to develop into a well-rounded businessman...'