Master of Applied Finance and Economics
If you’re considering upgrading your finance or economics qualifications to build on your expertise or fast-track your career, the Master of Applied Finance & Economics (MAFE) is an excellent option.
The Master of Applied Finance & Economics (MAFE) consists of two to three semesters of coursework followed by a capstone course. It focuses on applied skills and knowledge with the goal of making graduates employment-ready for high-level positions in finance and economics.
What’s so special about the MAFE?
- Provides strong applied skills
- Prepares for rewarding careers in finance, banking and the public sector
- Use of UC Business School’s state-of-the-art Trading Room
- Internships available
- Mid-year and part-time enrolment options
- Provides a CFA Exam pathway
- It is the only one of its kind in New Zealand!
Download the MAFE information sheet
- A completed undergraduate degree from a recognized tertiary institutions
- A UC equivalent B average
- University courses in (i) business finance or financial management; (ii) intermediate-level microeconomic theory; (iii) mathematics with calculus; and (iv) statistics.
NOTE: If you are missing one of the above, accommodations can be made. Contact the MAFE Director for more information: email@example.com
January (if preparatory course required)
MAFE + CFA Track……………………….17-19 Months
To see which option is best for you, contact the MAFE Director.
For more detailed information about this qualification, visit the Master of Applied Finance and Economics page.
'Coming back to university for my Master’s degree was the greatest investment in my life...'