UC High School Teachers Conference 2019
Come along and hear leading UC academics, industry experts, and past UC students discuss the revolutionary changes taking place in the business world. Hear how we plan to prepare your students for the future of work.
During the two days, you will also have the opportunity to visit industry sites and hear about different ways to engage your students.
The conference runs from 9.00-5.00 pm on Thursday 11 April with dinner following from 5.30-8.30pm at MYOB. Day 2 runs from 9.00-3.00pm on Friday 12 April.
Dinner & drinks:
MYOB is a sponsor of this event, they will be hosting the dinner and drinks on Thursday 11 April at their offices.
MYOB NZ started out in 1992 from a home office in Auckland with one big idea - to create affordable tools that made business life easier.
They’re big now, but their focus on supporting businesses (big and small) remains the same:
- It takes guts to start and run a business.
- Your work’s important but so is life.
- They focus on making business life easier, leaving you to do what you do best.
MYOB has helped many New Zealand businesses over the years, via 50+ products and services as well as an extensive, committed network of business mentors and accountants.
MYOB is proud to be a leading provider of business management solutions in New Zealand and Australia and recognise that one size doesn’t fit all.
- MYOB helps approximately 1.2 million businesses and over 40,000 accountants and other professional partners across New Zealand and Australia.
- Approximately three in four New Zealand businesses use accounting software and of these around 60% use MYOB.
- Each year, around 2 million electronic tax returns are submitted via an MYOB solution to the Inland Revenue – 80% of all returns.
- Today, MYOB invests over $40 million in R&D each year.
Coming from outside of Christchurch?
If you're coming from outside of Christchurch, we have you covered with one (Thursday night) or two-night (Wednesday & Thursday or Thursday & Friday) accommodation options available within our halls of residence.
Teachers will stay at the Rochester and Rutherford Hall. The accommodation includes breakfast the next day, as well as lunch and dinner. We will also be available to collect/deliver teachers from the airport on Thursday and Friday.
To check out our halls go to https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/life/accommodation/
- Meet and connect to assist in your teaching programmes through specialists, industry and other teaching professionals.
- Hear from NCEA to assist your students in reaching top grades.
- Get new inspiration, topic ideas, and understanding to take back to your classroom.