The UC Business Outreach programme assists and supports New Zealand schools through events and activities. The current programme includes professional development for teachers and tailored events for individual classes.
The key aims of the programme are:
- To encourage an appreciation of the business world
- To emphasise the exciting career opportunities that tertiary level commerce provides
- To support schools in teaching business
- To develop future New Zealand's business leaders.
Teacher's Professional Development
In 2020 we will be running two forms of development for teachers:
- Commerce Teachers Conference (November)
- Business Cluster Meetings (Termly)
We produce a range of posters for schools to use on classroom walls. Download them or contact us to get a set sent to your school.
Contact our Outreach Coordinator to develop a class activity for your school. Previously classes have included:
- Business Simulation activity
- Campus tour
- Using Bloomberg in our Trading Room to understand links between companies and for research into a specific company
- Expert speakers coming to your school to talk about a specified topic
- Students experiencing what it is like to be a student with a lecture sit-in
- Chocolate Stock Exchange.
For all enquiries about Outreach
get in touch with our coordinator