Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School offers events and programmes to secondary school students and teachers. Our activities and events aim to provide information about the subjects we offer while developing real-world academic, and community-focused skills. We offer both on-campus, off-campus, and online learning opportunities.
Teachers' Professional Development
Designed to keep you up to date with the latest developments in business academics, industry practice and what UC has to offer.
- Commerce Teachers' Day 2023 | Save the date: Thursday 30 November
- One UC hosted CETA meeting per year
- Bespoke teacher development workshops (Business and Culture - moving with NCEA changes)
On and Off-Campus Activities
Contact our Outreach Coordinator to develop a class activity for your school. Previously classes have included:
- Campus tour with a lecture of your choice
- Using Bloomberg in our Trading Room to understand links between companies and for research into a specific company
- Expert speakers coming to your school to talk about a specified topic
- Students experiencing what it is like to be a student with a lecture sit-in
Choose from several classroom activities or a range of classroom posters.
Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School has a range of events and programmes for high school students. Our outreach programme offers opportunities to expand your understanding of the business world, support your current studies and inspire your future career direction.
Events and resources
- Boost Economics Competition 2023 - Do you have ideas about ways to improve Waitaha Canterbury’s economy?
- STAR Courses - UC Business School offers a number of Secondary Tertiary Alignment Resource (STAR) courses to secondary school students both on campus and by distance.
- Regional Information Evenings - Are you outside of Christchurch but want to speak to UC in person? We might be coming to a town near you!
- Aukaha - Pathways for Māori Year 12 or Year 10. Meet ākonga already at UC.
- Rā Tōmene | Open Day - Visit the campus to discover your degree and study options.
- Visit Campus - Book a guided tour of the University of Canterbury campus.
- NCEA Scholarship Workshops – held annually in September / October months. We invite all students that are sitting NCEA scholarship exams to participate in a workshop (in person on UC Campus and via zoom for those outside Canterbury) lead by our expert lecturers. Please get in touch with our Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to register your attendance.
For all enquiries about our programme
Get in touch with our coordinator
Winners of the secondary school competition, hosted by UC Business School and CETA were announced last night.
UC researchers believe remote sensing technologies such as satellites, planes, and drones will cause a paradigm shift in ...