Master of Professional Accounting
Our Master of Professional Accounting (MPA) is a conversion degree, designed specifically for a career in accounting.
Today our accountants provide business consultancy and operational assistance as well as tax services and financial reporting.
As a result, qualified accountants with broader business and management knowledge are in high demand.
Gaining an MPA will allow you to pursue a career in accounting across a range of sectors and levels, including senior management and board positions. As a graduate, you will be able to:
- Gain provisional membership to professional accounting bodies.
- Undertake an entry level professional accounting role within an organisation.
Our MPA programme is ideal for recent graduates who are looking for a direct path into a professional role. MPA participants are typically:
- Graduates from any undergraduate discipline.
Multiple entry qualifications offer you a number of study options depending on your professional career goals.*
Postgraduate Diploma in Business
- MBAZ601 Managerial Accounting
- MBAZ602 Business Economics
- MBAZ603 Managerial Finance
- MBAZ604 Business Research Methods
- MBAZ605 Business Law
- MPAC601 Professional Accounting Principles
- MPAC602 Advanced Professional Accounting
- MPAC603 Advanced Management Accounting
- MPAC604 Advanced Financial Accounting
- MPAC605 Taxation
- MPAC606 Management
- MPAC608 Auditing
- MBIS601 Management of Information Systems
1. Postgraduate Diploma in Business (PGDipBus)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business consists of eight elective courses. These courses constitute eight of the 13 required courses for the MPA programme. Having satisfied all requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma with a B average or above, prior to graduating, you can apply to transfer to the MPA.
Duration: Part-time up to 4 years and at full-time study, it will take 8 months.
2. Master of Professional Accounting (MPA)
In addition to the course requirements for the postgraduate diploma, by completing a further five courses and the capstone project or internship, you can graduate with the full MPA.
The MPA gives you the opportunity to apply your knowledge to undertake more in-depth study in accountancy and business. Your project or internship can be undertaken with an industry or organisation that is of interest to you.
Duration: Part-time up to 4 years and at full-time study, it will take 15-17 months.
*In consultation, a personal course of study that differs from that outlined above can be completed, subject to the approval of the Dean of Commerce.
For complete timetable information:
Individual timetables at "MyTimetable"
Course information at UC "Qualifications and courses"
Learn from our students' experiences
'It is great way to explore the accounting field through different perspectives...'