Graduate and postgraduate options
UC Business School | Te Kura Umanga postgraduate programmes have a strong emphasis on research-based teaching, producing graduates who undertake advanced research around the world. The School’s taught Master’s programmes equip graduates with the applied skills, knowledge and business acumen needed to transition into high-level business roles.
Our postgraduate students benefit from good supervision ratios, a focus on quality research, smaller classes and closer links with staff. The school’s reputation outside academia is reflected in the number of scholarships available for commerce students and there are also opportunities to become involved in tutoring.
Our range of Business Taught Masters Programmes provide professional development for busy executives seeking to combine work and study.
Our flagship MBA programme is renowned as a platform for graduates capable of making significant contributions to the world of business and commerce. The programme benefits from the school’s strong external links and contributions from industry representatives and is accredited by the prestigious Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Postgraduate study represents a high level of academic achievement which is becoming more and more necessary in the ever-evolving business environment where graduates need a competitive edge.
- Bachelor of Commerce with Honours
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business
- Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
- Postgraduate Certificate in Information Systems and Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Information Systems
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems and Technology
- Master of Applied Finance and Economics
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Information Systems
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Financial Management
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Doctor of Philosophy
Each year the University of Canterbury runs the Thesis in Three competition for postgraduate students. PhD and Master's students give a three-minute presentation to describe their thesis research with only a single PowerPoint slide permitted. The top three students from each college round go onto compete in the UC final.
If you're thinking about studying at postgraduate level, talk to our programme coordinators in the subject areas you are interested in pursuing.
Our postgraduate student advisor can help you with your degree options, entry requirements and how to apply.
Learn from our students' experiences
'I have improved my writing, communication skills, and made friends from around the globe...'
For all postgraduate enquiries
submit our postgraduate form