Global Impact Challenge
Tackle the biggest problems facing NZ tourism sector and win prizes!
The Global Impact Challenge is an opportunity for all UC students to tackle the biggest problems facing our tourism sector. ChristchurchNZ is looking for innovative solutions they can implement - this is your chance to have a real impact! No experience or idea is required to take part.
This unique Challenge lets you engage with some of the biggest problems facing the Tourism Sector in Canterbury and New Zealand while collaborating with students from Malaysia and Indonesia. Over two weeks, you will work with a multidisciplinary team of students to tackle one of the Challenge questions set out by ChristchurchNZ, which will be revealed at the launch event.
The Challenge is running over two weeks with flexible timing to fit in and around your schedule. You will get coaching from UCE staff and mentoring from industry experts. It is a perfect opportunity to meet some new people, hone your skills, build your CV, experience some new ways of working and have a real impact in the world!
On the final day of the Global Impact Challenge, your team will pitch your concept to a panel of judges and industry experts. The winning teams will take home great prizes!
Registrations are now closed
- Work in a collaborative, online, environment.
- Meet interesting new people from different countries.
- Develop your creativity, innovation, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Build experience in creating a compelling, professional presentation.
- Network with mentors and industry experts.
- Have something awesome to put on your CV.
- Be in to win prizes!
Who should sign up?
This Challenge is designed for UC students of any discipline and any level (from first-year to post-grad). No experience in tourism is required to take part. If you have a good knowledge of Canterbury/New Zealand, you are particularly encouraged to apply.
Do I need a team in advance?
No. We will organise a team for you. All you need to do is register!
Who is running the Challenge?
The UC Centre for Entrepreneurship, UC Business School and ChristchurchNZ, are working in partnership to deliver the Global Impact Challenge.
Key dates and info
- Registrations close: Monday 12th September at 9 am (or when at capacity)
- Challenge Launch: Monday 19th September from 2:30 to 4:30 pm on Zoom
- Challenge: Tuesday 20 - Friday 30 September - 3 hours per week commitment (flexible schedule) on Zoom
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org