UC Finance Professional Speaker Series
The Department of Economics and Finance brings experienced Finance professionals to the UC Business School to discuss their area of expertise. Speakers provide valuable insights into various financial markets and discuss emerging issues, current events and major trends. The speakers also always talk about their career pathway and strategies. Students have the opportunity to engage with the speakers and in discussions that extend beyond the classroom. The presentations are usually followed by drinks and nibbles.
To attend one of the upcoming events, please select the event below and register using the link provided.
If you are interested in getting involved as a speaker, please contact Dr Moritz Wagner.
Phone: +64 336 -- 90475.
To be announced
A Changing Investment World - Challenges and Trends for Asset Management
- Andrew Wilson, former CEO of Goldman Sachs Asset Management International for EMEA (GSAMI), Chairman of Global Fixed Income and Liquidity Solutions within Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM)
Shareholder Activism and Investor Behaviour
- Oliver Mander
- CEO of the New Zealand Shareholder Association (NZSA)
What is Corporate Finance and Investment Banking and How Do I get a Job in that Sector?
- Craig Brownie
- Managing Director of Bancorp New Zealand Group
Some Inconvenient Truths About Investing
- Damon O’Brien
- Chief Investment Officer at Consilium
Forecasting the Economy & Markets
- Imre Speizer
- Senior Market Strategist Westpac
Current Structural Issues Facing NZ Investors
- Andrew Johnson
- Director at FireSuper Trustee Limited, former head of Asset Consulting Russell Investments
If you are interested to get involved as a speaker