There is nothing as valuable as an open mind.
Research interests include dividend signalling, share price behaviour associated with information events and event study methodology. Of particular interest is the area of methodology design with respect to event studies conducted in thinly-traded markets.
In addition, with respect to corporate governance, the relationship between a company's characteristics (size, profitability, profile of shareholders etc) and the characteristics of its board of directors. I am also interested in the connection between CEO quality, firm profitability and dividend policy.
- Sharma R., Jones K., Anderson W. and Inthiran A. (2022) The Digital Disruption of Higher Education– “uni for nothin’, MOOCs for free”? Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research 24(1).
- Anderson W., Bhattacharyya N., Morrill C. and Roberts H. (2020) Dividend payout and executive compensation: theory and evidence from New Zealand. Accounting and Finance 60(S1): 1007-1022. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/acfi.12399.
- Kraiger N. and Anderson W. (2020) Characteristics of New Zealand dividend omissions and resumptions. Managerial Finance 46(1): 40-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MF-01-2019-0039.
- Lama T. and Anderson WW. (2019) “If not, why not” form of governance: Do firm-specific variables explain the nature of justification? Accounting Research Journal 32(2): 236-251. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/ARJ-01-2017-0029.
- Lama T. and Anderson WW. (2015) Company characteristics and compliance with ASX corporate governance principles. Pacific Accounting Review 27(3): 373-392. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/PAR-12-2013-0104.