I use critical and community-engaged approaches in studying tourism and social entrepreneurship to make tourism sustainable for local communities.
My research interests include tourism for sustainable development, social entrepreneurship, community development, tourism impact assessment, tourist behaviour, and decolonising tourism knowledge production.
- Aquino R. (2022) Community change through tourism social entrepreneurship. Annals of Tourism Research 95 103442 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2022.103442.
- Aquino R., Lück M. and Schänzel H. (2022) Mapping the outcomes of social entrepreneurship and tourism on host communities: a three-dimensional approach. Journal of Sustainable Tourism 30(8): 1799-1820. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2021.1986515.
- Doan T., Aquino R. and Qi H. (2022) Homestay businesses’ strategies for adapting to and recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic: A study in Vietnam. Tourism and Hospitality Research : 146735842211031-146735842211031. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/14673584221103185.
- Lengauer D., Trupp A. and Aquino RS. (2022) Editorial. Austrian Journal of South-East Asian Studies 15(1): 1-4. http://dx.doi.org/10.14764/10.ASEAS-0070.
- Prayag G., Aquino RS., Hall CM., Chen N. and Fieger P. (2022) Is Gen Z really that different? Environmental attitudes, travel behaviours and sustainability practices of international tourists to Canterbury, New Zealand. Journal of Sustainable Tourism http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2022.2131795.