Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: the analysis of corporate social & environmental disclosures and triple bottom line reporting; the concept of sustainability and business responses to sustainability; business narratives of nature and the environment and the counter narratives of social movement organisations; organisations and climate change responses; the measurement and assessment of academic accounting research; critiques of journal quality assessments; student-centred learning in accounting education.
- Jollands S., Burns J. and Milne M. (2020) Lessons from a natural capital case study. Financial Management February: 56-56.
- Scobie MR., Milne MJ. and Love TR. (2020) Dissensus and democratic accountability in a case of conflict. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 33(5): 939-964. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-11-2016-2780.
- Tregidga H. and Milne M. (2020) Not at our Table: Stakeholder Exclusion and Ant/Agonistic Engagements. Critical Perspectives on Accounting Forthcoming http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cpa.2020.102265.
- Guthrie J., Parker L., Dumay J. and Milne MJ. (2019) What counts for quality in interdisciplinary accounting research in the next decade: A critical review and reflection. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 32(1): 2-25. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-01-2019-036.
- Kuruppu S., Milne M. and Tilt C. (2019) Gaining, maintaining and repairing organisational legitimacy: when to report and when not to report. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 32(7): 2062-2087. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-03-2013-1282.