Senior LecturerJulia Wu
Qualifications & Memberships
I am interested in research on lived experience of practitioners. I believe research studies on lived experience of accountants, corporate directors, investors, educators and students provide enriched insights in compliment to quantitative research studies. I would love to listen to stories of how regulations or deregulations affect professional behaviours. I am also interested in the diversity of perspectives involved in the decision making processes of practitioners.
- Habib A., Ranasinghe D., Wu JY., Biswas PK. and Ahmad F. (2022) Real earnings management: A review of the international literature. Accounting and Finance 62(4): 4279-4344. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/acfi.12968.
- Wu JY., Feehily R. and Lord BR. (2022) The Corporate Governance Role of Audit Committees: Through the Lenses of New Zealand Institutional Investors. Australian Accounting Review 32(1): 63-76. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/auar.12338.
- Wu JY., Opare S., Bhuiyan MBU. and Habib A. (2022) Determinants and consequences of debt maturity structure: A systematic review of the international literature. International Review of Financial Analysis 84 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.irfa.2022.102423.
- Habib A., Bhuiyan B. and Wu J. (2021) Corporate Governance Determinants of Financial Restatements: A Meta-Anaylysis. The International Journal of Accounting http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S1094406021500025.
- Habib A., Bhuiyan MB. and Wu JY. (2021) Audit committee ownership and the cost of equity capital. Managerial Auditing Journal Online http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MAJ-05-2020-2671.